Monday, June 11, 2012

No se como hablar en Ingles

New Mailing Address!
Elder Austin Ipson
Ohio Columbus Mission
6770 Ed Lane
Canal Winchester, OH 43110

Elder Welch and Elder Ipson
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2012 8:54 AM

So transfers have come!  Dad, sorry...  I didn't go to Dayton.  Rather I'm in the Columbus area.  Infact I'm still in Spanish West's area, but.... I'm now in English Work!  President has sent me to the Pickerington 2nd Ward in the Columbus South Stake.  Hipanic Population... 2... I'm still looking for them....
It's been an intersting week to say the least.  We knew the Spanish Transfer was going to be big.  I had that gut feeling that I would be leaving Spanish West.  My gut also said I'd be going to English work.  I didn't want to believe it!  So, what happened, Spanish South was dissolved into Spanish West.  Elder Jacobson and Elder Ragan took over what is now 2/3 of Columbus.  Elder Holbrook went to do Spanish work in the Westerville Branch.  So, you shut down an area, that take two Elders out of a job.  Elder Wheadon and I both went to English work.
My companion is Elder Welch.  He is from Farmington, Utah.  He has been serving here in the Pickerington 2nd for 4 1/2 months.  So he knows the area fairly well.  He is the youngest of 4.  And is Zealous to do the work!  Elder Welch had been training just before I got there.  His companion had been suffering depression while he was here.  In short his comp. was slow on his feet, and just had a hard time with the work.  Needless to say Elder Welch is ready hit the pavement and get the work done.
The area... Well, I'm on a bike.  Guess the Lord knew the St. George boy could take the bike in the Summer right?  We're coming up on the hotter part of the month.  It hasn't gotten extremely hot yet, but I'm waiting for it!

We also had a surprise this week.  Pickerington 2 recieved 2 mini-missionaries.  In other words two priest age men, that are perspective missionaries, and will serve with us for the week.  It's like training... all over again...  They're both eager to do the work.  (There's a scripture about Brideling your passions I believe....)

In previous transfers Elder Welch has done great work.  Right now we have three people on date.  Elder Welch with a grin on his face our first half hour together told us we'd be having a baptism next week. (This week)  Her name is Dura Quadra.  She is from Ghana (there are a ton of Ghaneans out here).  She speaks very little English so her daughter translates the lessons for us.

Our other investigators are Olen and Jordan(Girl Jordan).  They are on date for the 23rd of June (Feliz Cumplianos!)  Were are finishing up some Word of Wisdom problems with the both of them. 

We'll there's my shot-gun blast of an E-mail!  Hope it finds you well!  I love you all!  Just hope I can re-learn how to pray in English!

Para Siempre,
Elder Ipson
The Great Ohio Columbus Mission